Okko filters FAQs
If you’ve got a question about Okko lens filters that we haven’t answered below, please email us at email@example.com we are happy to help, or message us on our chat button.
Q. Why do I need a lens filter?
A. Your camera lens is the most expensive and easily damaged part of your camera. To fix or replace a lens can cost a lot of money. Lens filters serve a primary function of protecting your lens from dirt, dust and damage. It is much easier to clean or replace a filter than your camera lens. Secondly, certain filters will enhance your shots giving you crisper, clearer images straight into the camera.
Q. How do I know what size of lens filter I need?
A. Look at the front of your camera lens. You’ll see the size is printed on the front frame of your lens. The key identifier is the circle with the line through it. (as seen below)
Q. Do I need 'Step Down' or 'Step Up Rings' for Okko Filters?
A. No, Okko filters come in all sizes for all major camera brands.
Q. You offer free standard shipping, how many days is this?
A. We aim for 3 - 6 days.
- You will receive tracking numbers after purchase.
- To ensure a fast service we use a number of companies - UPS/FEDX/ USPS
- All product is shipped from our warehouse in Texas, USA.
Q. How does your Okko Pro Lifetime Warranty work?
A. Whether you’ve owned your Okko Professional lens filter for one day or 50 years, if you break it, we replace it.
- Accidents happen. We don’t care how your filter gets broken. All we ask is that you don’t make a habit of it. The only time we’d ever refuse to send a replacement filter would be if we believe you’re breaking filters on purpose. And that’s never happened.
- If your Okko Pro lens filter gets damaged, please email a photograph and a description of the damage to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your proof of purchase and your shipping address.
- We’ll ship your replacement filter for free.
Q. Do all Okko lens filters have a Lifetime Warranty?
A. No. Only the Okko Professional range have a Lifetime Warranty.
- Our Okko Beginner range come with a 12-month warranty, where we guarantee them to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for 12-months from the date you bought your filter.
- If your Okko Beginner lens filter becomes faulty within 12-months of purchase, please email a photograph and a description of the fault to us at email@example.com, along with your proof of purchase and your shipping address. We’ll ship your replacement lens filter for free.
Q. Can I use a UV filter for lens protection?
A. Yes. You can leave your UV filter on your lens all the time. It protects the front element of your valuable camera lens and makes it easy for you to keep your lens clean and safe in wild weather and rugged environments.
Q. What is a Neutral Density (ND) lens filter used for?
A. An ND filter allows you to control the amount of light in your image so you can do longer exposures.
- The filter stops light reaching the camera sensor, so you can leave the camera with a higher aperture for longer. ND filters don’t affect color.
- Shoot long exposures during the day. Shoot in bright light without overexposing your images. Use slower shutter speeds to create dramatic effects that emphasize movement. Videographers use ND filters in bright conditions for more consistent light and color.
- Minimize time spent in post-production by taking better images and video.
Q. What is a Circular Polarizing (CPL) filter used for?
A. Photographers use polarizing filters when shooting landscapes to capture rich, clear shots in challenging bright conditions. darken skies, manage reflections, add color saturation, and suppress glare.
- Okko’s fully adjustable CPL filter allows you to control polarization for color saturation and greater contrast.
Q. Can I be an Okko ambassador?
A. We love being part of the creative journey for photographers and videographers. Our global creative community is growing fast and we’re looking for talented people to spread the word.
If you’re an Okko lens filters fan, and you’d like to be an ambassador for our brand, drop us an note at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’d like to join the Okko fam.
Q. Do you offer a discount for Military, First Responders, Government Employees and Teachers?
A. Yes we do. We provide a 20% discount (off full price products) to:
- Military (active duty & vetrans)
- Military families (spouses & dependents)
- First responders (fire, police, healthcare workers)
- Government employees
- Teachers (K-12 and university teachers/staff)
To activate your discount just click on the GovX button on the checkout page. You will then be asked to login to the GovX service and will be provided with a single use discount code to use on our site.
Q. Where is Okko based?
We’re based in Christchurch, in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand and we sell Okko Lens Filters around the world. Our USA warehousing and shipping team are in Dallas, Texas, USA.